Friday, October 28, 2011

Shawl, sweater & a topi!

Since I've been MIA is such a bad way, I thought I'd do a big a$S post today.

The red lace shawl was knitted by my friend in Portland who knits lace so fast, her fingers make a buzzing sound. I believe she used the Rock Island pattern. She used a silk wool lace blend that I had hand dyed. In case you're wondering, yes, this yarn went to the US & then came back to the UK as a shawl. Some yarns have all the luck.


















The brown sweater was knitted by me with left over hand dyed sock yarn held double. I used the Cosy V neck pattern but modified it. This pattern is amazingly simple & fun to make. I knitted the sleeves in the round, however.








The little beret was knitted from a handspun I made by blending a couple of rovings from my Etsy shop. The pattern was a slightly modified yummy-beret pattern.







2 comments:

shama said...

Oh wow! Very beautiful! Everything....the shawl,the sweater,the cap & the plants!

Judy Hartman said...

That red lace shawl is gorgeous, and you have photographed it so beautifully!! Looks like an angel's wings!!
Then, the sweater. So warm and cozy looking, and the colors are wonderful! Last of all, what a lovely hat! All are beautiful!