Thursday, December 21, 2006

Recent handmade aquisitions via Etsy!

I've been buying from Etsy & look at what I got!

Handwoven Scarf from quedicha.etsy.com
I have never been so much in love with a piece of handwoven textile! And I weave pretty well myself. Viviana is an artist if there was one! Check her shop out. ALL her work is unique & wonderful.
The entire scarf is alive with handmade beauty. The jewels tones in the yarn are just gorgeous.
It arrived from Chile in very good condition. It was quite a find & I shall treasure this piece.



Below: Over the Moon bucket hat by TepperWear.etsy.com
I knew I had to have it when I saw it. The real hat has the same glow that the image has & it is wonderfully soft. The handspun yarn gives it beautiful character. Eileen has many other beautiful hats in her shop & she was a doll to deal with. A class 1 Etsy seller!!

Below: Hand crocheted (handspun) wool & Mohair hat from SnokistFarmGirl.etsy.com
Kathy is a very talented fiber artist. This hat had eveything in it that would attract a kooky architect. Abstractness, restraint in the use of color, bold motifs & a very beautiful, defined shape. I took it to work & eveyone fell in love with it!

No comments: