Friday, September 21, 2007

Lightweight Socks by TIA


Name: Tia

The colourway is Mt Vernon Ave.

The pattern I used was from a book by Sandi Rosner (Not Just Socks) and is named *Lightweight Socks*

These socks have only just been finished this minute, and at my daughters request. She is travelling to another city here in NZ to represent her High School in the Basketball Nationals, and wanted a pair of hand knitted socks to show off to her friends!

She chose this yarn out of my stash, and I must admit, as I was knitting it, I wish I hadn't shown it to her. I really want to keep them for myself.

I chose a basic pattern, as I love the stripes to be visible, and not blurred by a pattern.

I did not really encounter any problems while knitting these socks, but as I am fairly new to sock knitting, managing to finish them in time for my daughters trip (this weekend) was a feat in itself.


No comments: